Monday, April 11, 2011

DFW Fiber Fest

Sunday I attended the DFW Fiber Fest. I was unable to attend any classes because of my work schedule but still managed to have lots of fun. I was amazed at how many people remembered me from last year when I helped Diane of the Fiber Circle in Farmersville with her booth.

Now For the important stuff - LOOT! I went easy this year and only bought a skein of Duet yarn from Brooks Farm in a lovely light green colorway and some bamboo roving from FiberLady.com in a luscious Kimono Red. This I gave to my partner in crime Esther to Spin for me, it was much silkier than most bamboo I have seen so I am anxious to see how it turns out.

On that note there is a possibility that I will be working with them in the future to develop patterns for their yarns. How can I resist custom dyed yarn that is perfect for the Texas heat?

Some of my other favorite spots where Butterfly Girl Spindles, pretty and well made, if I spun I would have several of her pieces on hand at all times, as it is I just drop by to drool periodically.

Spinning Straw into Gold is a booth I make multiple stops by despite not being a spinner, just to pat their bats, they are so soft a light, not to mention pretty!

Stone and String Studio and Alisha Goes Rounds had some of the nicest hand dyed yarn. Vibrant colors and some great color ways from both, the Blues and Reds where outstanding!

Woolgatherings had some work baskets that were phenomenal! Definitely on my Xmas list. :) They are all hand made in America by Amish families, how neat is that?

Knotwork has been a favorite booth and website for sometime. They do very pretty and functional items for crafts I wanna do like Bobbin Lace and Tatting. Mainly I like going by to fondle things and dream. As a Bonus they work with Kathy Kirchner who does great bead kits for cute little bags and such. Unfortunately she does not have these posted on her website, if you order the catalog they are listed in there at really great prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment